Clean power you can feel good about … environmentally and economically.
With all the sun that blankets Utah every day, every house in the state should have solar photovoltaic panels up on the roof. But the powers that be are beholden to the fossil fuel industries and resistant to change. That doesn’t mean you have to keep paying for their reluctance! A solar PV system can cut any amount you want from your electric bill, all the while using less of the dirty fossil fuels that are heating our planet. So, you’ll save money and lower your carbon footprint.
Estimating your solar potential
At Alpine Solar & Alternative Energy, our consultations are always free. We take three things into account when sizing up your solar potential.
1. We first look at your electric bill, and break down your usage data.
2. Next we look at your property and perform a site evaluation. Does your home offer southern exposures? While not a deal breaker, east and west-facing exposures lose about 30% of their solar potential. How are the roof pitches? Shading? Maybe there’s a place on your property we could do a ground installation.
3. Now we calculate just what you need. We factor in how much you want to cut your bill and design the most cost-effective system for your unique situation. Our software accurately predicts exactly what will be involved with your system, so you’ll have no surprises.
The best investment you can make
A solar system with Alpine Solar & Alternative Energy is the best investment you can make in your home. Consider these facts:
- Electric bills have increased 100% over the past 20 years.
- They are estimated to keep increasing 5% yearly.
- Solar systems usually pay for themselves in a decade or less.
- Solar costs have dropped dramatically over the past five years.
- In the U.S. in 2000 a total of 170 megawatts of solar capacity had been installed; in 2014 it was 20,000 megawatts in 4 million homes.
- Tax credits and incentives are currently 30% federal and 25% for the State of Utah.
- Recent research shows $5,900 in increased home valuation for each 1 kilowatt of solar installed.
- As battery technology increases and cost decreases, the possibility of completely getting off the electric grid comes closer and closer.
- Every watt of solar power installed means that much less oil and coal are used, making a cleaner, safer world for your children and grandchildren.
Your solar system begins generating returns the day you have it installed because the source of your energy is now free. You can’t say that about your ever-increasing electric bill. Your solar system is a hedge against future increases.
Going solar is a great idea with or without any other incentives, but with current tax incentives solar has never been more affordable. The Federal Government currently provides a 30% personal tax credit for the year you install your system. The State of Utah provides a 25% state tax credit of up to $1,600. We can help you with these deductions when tax season comes around. But you should act now because the electric industry is constantly lobbying to remove these incentives.